1 imposing in size or bulk or solidity; "massive oak doors"; "Moore's massive sculptures"; "the monolithic proportions of Stalinist architecture"; "a monumental scale" [syn: monolithic, monumental]
2 being the same substance throughout; "massive silver"
3 imposing in scale or scope or degree or power; "massive retaliatory power"; "a massive increase in oil prices"; "massive changes"
4 consisting of great mass; containing a great quantity of matter; "Earth is the most massive of the terrestrial planets"
- Of or pertaining to a large mass; weighty, heavy or bulky.
- Much larger than normal:
- Of great significance or import; overwhelming:
- The enlightenment comprises massive shifts in many areas of Western thought.
Massive is an adjective related to mass. The term Massive could also refer to:
- Massive (software), a computer program used to create the huge battle scenes in the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy
- A type of rave
- Massive Development, a German computer game developer, now defunct.
- Massive Entertainment, a Swedish computer game developer.
- Massive Attack, a British trip-hop band.
- Massive Incorporated, a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft that implements dynamic advertising in video games
- A Massive is also a colloquial term for a group of youths from a particular town or area.
- A Massive is a colloquial and familiar term for a conglomerate of posses.
massive in French: Massif
massive in Dutch: Massive
Brobdingnagian, Cyclopean, Gargantuan, adamantine, amplitudinous, astronomical, awesome, awkward, big, boundless, broad-bodied, bulky, bullnecked, burdensome, close, close-knit, close-textured, close-woven, clumsy, coarse, colossal, compact, compacted, compressed, concentrated, concrete, condensed, congested, consolidated, corpulent, cosmic, cracking, crammed, crammed full, crass, crowded, cumbersome, cumbrous, dense, durable, elephantine, enduring, enormous, extensive, fantastic, fat, firm, full, full-bodied, galactic, gargantuan, gigantic, gluey, grand, gross, hard, heavy, heavyset, heavyweight, hefty, huge, hulking, hulky, humongous, immeasurable, immense, impenetrable, impermeable, incumbent, infinite, jam-packed, jammed, jumbo, king-size, large, lasting, leaden, lubberly, lumbering, lumpish, lumpy, mammoth, massy, mighty, monster, monstrous, monumental, mortal, mountainous, nonporous, onerous, oppressive, outsize, overgrown, oversized, overweight, packed, ponderous, prodigious, rugged, serried, sizable, solid, sound, spacious, stable, steady, stout, strong, stupendous, sturdy, substantial, superincumbent, thick, thick-bodied, thick-growing, thickset, three-dimensional, titanic, tough, towering, tremendous, unwieldy, unyielding, vast, viscid, viscose, viscous, voluminous, walloping, weighty, well-built, well-constructed, well-founded, well-grounded, well-made, whopping